Java Bindings now releasable---what next

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 10:34:20 PST 2006

I think we are moving away from keeping things in tree.  The advantage
is cross testing which we do with glib and python but the disadvantage
is that in order to dist I run into problems like needing the Qt4
libraries installed.  Also in order to release a new update we need to
release D-Bus as a whole.  We talked about this in the past and it is
something I want to hash out post 1.0.  I think having a good bindings
page and keeping the bindings in cvs.freedesktop.org once they are
mature enough is the best way to go.