Discovering services

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 07:56:11 PDT 2006

Matthew Johnson wrote:
> There was disagreement over what should be included in the Introspect
> call, and what should be made into a separate call. I'm fully in favour
> of including a single-line documentation annotation with method calls.

If there's disagreement maybe someone could summarize the discussion
(options, pros & cons of each) as a starting point...

> What needs patching? presumably it's only the documentation of what
> annotations should be included in the XML, or possibly adding a new
> element to the DTD (although this doesn't seem neccessary).

Aside from spelling things out in the spec (which would include stuff
like "how to format the doc string" - is it html?)

The main coding work would be in the bindings. i.e. having some easy way
to provide the doc strings there.