Is it D-Bus, DBus, D-BUS or dbus?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 13 18:40:29 PDT 2006

As we move towards 1.0 it is the little things that we need to start to
clean up.  To that end I would like to get a consensus on how we should
present the "D-Bus brand".  It is important to have a unified front here
because it is one of those little easy things that makes the project
look more polished and allow people who write about D-Bus to not have to
stop and ask people "how do I write the actual word".

Personally I prefer D-Bus since it highlights the important bits.
However all the documentation we have and most of the wiki uses D-BUS
which is a bit bold but there you have it.  Some of the newer stuff uses
DBus but I feel this is wrong (looks like a typo of Bus).

Being of the less work is more fun camp I propose we stick with D-BUS.
It is not the most visually appealing but it does have precedence and
I'm not going to be the one who goes through the docs and wiki to change
all the instances.

Thoughts?