No reply within specified time

Fabian Steiner lists at fabis-site.net
Sat Jul 15 04:01:04 PDT 2006

Hello!

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Fabian Steiner wrote:
>> <busconfig>
>>  <policy user="root">
>>    <allow own="de.lsh-marquartstein.Hydren.HydraHAL"/>
>>  </policy>
>> </busconfig>
>>

> You probably just need to allow more stuff here; look at some examples
> e.g. NetworkManager. Also, you only allow for root, then below you say
> you're running the client as a normal user. So that won't work.
>
> John, we really should try to improve that "no reply within specified
> time" error. Maybe something like "Method call did not receive a
> reply; either the called process is not sending a reply, or the bus
> policy did not allow it through" or something like that. It's
> certainly a popular faq.

Could you please give any hints how these policies have to look like? I
had a look at the NetworkManager example and tried to change these rules
for me, but still it doesn't work:

<!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Bus Configuration
1.0//EN"
 "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">

<busconfig>
  <policy context="default">
    <allow own="de.lsh-marquartstein.Hydren.HydraHAL"/>
    <allow send_destination="de.lsh-marquartstein.Hydren.HydraHAL"/>
    <allow send_interface="de.lsh-marquartstein.Hydren.HydraHALIFace"/>
    <allow receive_sender="de.lsh-marquartstein.Hydren.HydraHAL"/>
    <allow receive_interface="de.lsh-marquartstein.Hydren.HALIFace"/>
  </policy>
</busconfig>