Signals in Python without glib

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Jul 23 21:56:28 PDT 2006

Justin Mazzola Paluska wrote:

> Are there better pointers for documentation on making your own
> mainloop?  Or am I going about this the wrong way?

There aren't docs, other than the API docs on the functions involved.
It's not really a thing one wants to do if it can be avoided... you
could look at the glib, qt, etc. main loop integration in those
bindings, or the rather specialized/lame main loop used by the bus
daemon that comes with dbus.

But really most of the code involved here is going to be different
depending on what you're integrating the main loop with.

If you don't have an existing main loop or don't need to block on
anything other than dbus, you don't need to do the main loop, you can
just use the blocking API on DBusConnection instead.

You could also use threads, though depending on your other code and your
experience with threads, that could be either harder or easier.