Introspection Documentation (Was: Re: dbus-glib - removing the generated bus method wrappers)

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Tue Jul 25 08:25:35 PDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Let's not mix the docs thing in with installing the introspection files
> discussion if possible. If someone wants to independently write up the
> issues, propose a spec patch, etc. on the docs front then cool.

Last time this came up I suggested things and no-one agreed on it, so I
didn't take it further. (c.f.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2006-February/004202.html and
others)

My proposal was an annotation (org.freedesktop.DBus.Description or
Documentation) which can be applied to any element in the introspection
XML and should contain a one-line description of the element annotated.

I don't have a lot of time, so I'm not going to write up spec patches
until I know whether it will be accepted.

I'm more concerned about standardising it somehow than standardising it
with these annotations. Any solution which can be parsed with just XML
tools is fine.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson