Binding tests

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Wed Jul 26 09:41:39 PDT 2006

I have been making progress with the cross-binding tests. I have a
specification (probably needs some filling out), a makefile to run the
tests and parse the output and an implementation of them all in the Java
binding.

http://www.matthew.ath.cx/projects/dbus-test/ has the latest version;
the important things are the README, which should explain how it works
and test-introspect.html which is a human-readable version of the
introspection data for the tests interface.

At the moment it assumes the bindings are all in subdirectories of the
appropriate name. The last (I think) piece to do is to automate
obtaining the bindings and putting them in the correct place. One
solution to this is to require them all to be in git and then check them
out and ad symlinks. An alternative could be to have a Makefile in git
that gets the binding from elsewhere, comments welcome.

I'd like to be able to test this against another binding, any volunteers
welcome!

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson