memory freeing necessary?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Jul 26 10:46:25 PDT 2006

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Tako Schotanus wrote:
>> I'm not sure I understand this, isn't it the other way around?
>> Shouldn't dynamic bindings be able to just generate the introspection
>> info on-the-fly?
>>

> Not if the language lacks type info... I guess most of the bindings
> are letting you annotate this info somehow, but it's sort of
> optional/extra-work

I understand, and having all types default to any/variant isn't an option?

I know it can't be validated, but there will always be situations where
things just don't work, but having a description of the interfaces +
methods/signals it supports might already be enough in a lot of cases to
be able to "infer" the types of the arguments. At least it seems better
than nothing?

Cheers,
 -Tako