Win32 port

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Jun 25 14:16:38 PDT 2006

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Havoc Pennington writes:
>  > (Am I just missing that part of the patch?) What I'm wondering is
>  > how does it get allocated/freed.
>
> If I recall correctly what my patch did, the string representation of
> a SID is allocated whenever a SID the code hasn't seen before needs
> handling, and is never freed. Kinda like a quark.

Is this done in a dbus-specific hash table or by the Windows API? If
we're keeping a dbus hash table anyway, then we could do it _exactly_
like GQuark ... which would give us an integer that could simply be
stuffed in dbus_uid_t as it stands, without having to change anything.

Any idea what the windows API calls involved are here so I can read the
docs on those?