Win32 port

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Mon Jun 26 01:26:06 PDT 2006

Peter Kümmel wrote:
>But do we need the string representation when we have a 2-way
> association between the windows sid and a unique integer?
>
>When we have such a mapping we could implement getuid() in kdewin32 and
>dbus must not care about it.

Not all Windows code links to kdewin32. I'd rather we did NOT reimplement
the getuid function in every single implementation.

Besides, this completely defeats the purpose of identifying the user that
holds the connection open.

One thing, though, is that I've just realised the function is called
GetConnectionUnixUser, so it is only meaningful in Unix context. So we
can leave it, but I'd recommend adding a generic function too.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech ASA - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway