[patch] break glib bindings by adding timeout_milliseconds

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 1 08:46:04 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 11:38 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> That's just confusing. And I've not yet seen any good arguments for not
> allowing methods to take forever to execute...

To clarify how I see this issue more briefly than my other mail:

 - When an app is calling a trusted daemon, I agree there's no reason
   that the app itself needs to timeout, it could be "infinite"
   (but I still argue for true infinite, not 49 days)
 - I think the bus's reply timeout stuff can be removed as long as
   there's a limit on number of replies being expected by a single
   client ... I don't remember if we have that already. Since then
   a client can only hose itself, by using up this limit, but not
   the bus.