Fwd: Mono bindings

Adam Lofts adam.lofts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:20:00 PST 2006

Forgot the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Lofts <adam.lofts at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 1, 2006 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: Mono bindings
To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel at ximian.com>

Hi,

On 3/1/06, Miguel de Icaza <miguel at ximian.com> wrote:

> If this API is to be set in stone, it would be nice if someone familiar
> with the .NET Design Guidelines reviewed the class library to make sure
> that it follows the platform conventions.

I'm not sure who would be setting this api in stone, certainly not me.

Brad, the maintainer of the guidelines, has some good materials online:

> http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive/2005/09/15/PDCPreConSlides.aspx
>
> Although the guidelines are online, an annotated version of the
> guidelines is available in book form:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321246756/qid=1127061227/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/102-2260035-7729704?v=glance&s=books

Asking "someone familiar with the guidelines" to review the bindings and
then providing links for people unfamilliar with the guidelines seems a
slightly strange thing to do.

Of course, if anyone (yourself?) would like to review then i would be very
receptive of any comments they have.

Adam