Dbus daemon

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 13:24:19 PST 2006

I think you are misunderstanding what a session bus is.  In reality
there is nothing different between the system bus and the session bus
except for their configurations and how they are started.  A session bus
is made a session bus simple because it is started with the session and
only tells that session what its address is.  The system bus is made the
system bus because its address is public (usually in /tmp).  Theoretical
you can have any number of buses but we keep them to two for simplicity
sake.

Let's start with what you are trying to accomplish and perhaps we can
suggest the best way for you to go about it.