Qt-4 build problems..

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 23 06:04:07 PST 2006

Stefan Eilers wrote:
>The problem occurs with GCC 3.3.5.. It does not occur with GCC 4.1.1 ..
>
>Ok.. I tried to understand what was wrong with the code. I never thought
> about the compiler.. :S

I don't know which behaviour is correct, as per the C++ standard.

Suffice to say most people never declare external functions inside another
function, so they never think of this possibility.

>> Anyways, does the attached patch help?
>
>Yes! It worked perfektly.

I'll commit it to my local branch.

>Btw.:
>There still seems to be a problem mit the handling of the moc. I had to
> do the following commands to compile the stuff:
>
>moc qdbusabstractadaptor_p.h > qdbusabstractadaptor_p.moc
>moc qdbusabstractadaptor.h > qdbusabstractadaptor.moc
>
>Should I check the makefile and provide a patch for it?

I'll merge my changes tomorrow, which means there is some Makefile
modifications. I'll take care of the mocs again tomorrow.

Thank you for the notification.
--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway