C-API Examples

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Thu May 4 19:10:43 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:50:21PM -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> mainloop.  If you are not going to use a mainloop Matthew's tutorial is
> a good start but most complicated programs will need a mainloop in which
> case if you do not choose the glib or Qt mainloop you will have to end
> up integrating d-bus into your own mainloop.  I've heard it is anything
> but trivial.

I wouldn't say it was trivial, but at the same time its not rocket science
either. Most event loops work in a pretty similar fashion, so if you have
enough of an understanding to have written one custom to your application,
then integrating DBus should be fairly straightforward. The Perl bindings
currently have their own pure-Perl mainloop implementation based around the
select() call which was not too difficult to get working. If its of any
use, the code can be found in the Net::DBus::Reactor module

http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/Net-DBus-0.33.1/lib/Net/DBus/Reactor.pm

Regards,
Dan.