Splitting out core and bindings final stages

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri May 5 08:50:33 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 14:40 +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> John (J5) Palmieri schrieb:
> > So a bit of a status update.  With the help of Carl Worth I have been
> > able to put together a series of scripts for importing d-bus into git
> > and splitting out the bindings into separate repositories while
> > maintaining history.
> Are you aware that there is no git client for windows ? Also compiling
> git-core on cygwin (the unix eumulation layer with all unix tools on
> windows) isn't possible out of the box.
> If a windows port should be able, it is important to use a revision
> system for which a native windows client is available.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2006-April/006614.html

Apparently cygwin works with windows at least up to April.

CVS will remain the master repository for the core. Only the bindings
are moving to git and I believe the fd.o devs are looking into a git to
CVS mirror in the future.

In any case this move will allow me to get dbus to 1.0.  Without the
move I don't see myself putting much more time into it and no one else
has said they would do it.  The split is one of the last big things we
need to do and it has been a breeze doing it in git while meeting all of
our requirements.