Splitting out core and bindings final stages

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri May 5 12:14:48 PDT 2006

Hi,

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> On the dbus irc channel.  Remember the move is only for the bindings
> right now and not core.

I don't see a reason any specific binding _has_ to move to git, the
point is that all the bindings can be independently maintained, and just
won't be in the main tarball, right?

i.e. if some specific binding wants to create a directory in cvs or svn
and do development there, go nuts... I'd do that if I were maintaining a
binding, since I don't hold with these newfangled distributed version
control systems.

BTW is it possible to split out the glib binding? Wasn't I using it in
the tests and otherwise entangling it in the main source tree a bit?