QtDBus and user types problem

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Fri Nov 3 06:34:44 PST 2006

Hi guys,

I hope it is ok to also ask question regarding the DBus bindings on this list.

Anyway, this is my problem:

I have a generic Message class which I use to hide DBus from the API of my
library. That is all no problem until I use user types in my calls.

Now when I use  QDBusInterface::callWithArgumentList to retrieve a return
value of type MyUserType I get a QList<QVariant>. And the QVariant contains a
QDBusArgument instead of MyUserType.
Is this intended behaviour? Isn't is possible to demarshall it already and
provide a MyUserType in the QVariant?
And if not, is there a generic way for me to demarshall it manually into the
registered user types so I can provide a clean QVariant-based interface in my
Message class?

Thanks,
Sebastian