D-Bus and Bonjour service discovery

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 17:11:52 PST 2006

Jamie McCracken wrote:

> there would have to be a additonal API for something like
> dbus_bus_get_network with additonal params for ip address and possibly
> port number (if the external/network bus's port was not set in stone) of
> the remote machine we want to connect to.

dbus_bus_* is just convenience API - for purposes of fooling with this,
you can just dbus_connection_open() then dbus_bus_register(). The docs
on dbus_bus_* go into more detail.

If people get it figured out how this should work then we can look into
what convenience API should go in dbus itself vs. other libs, etc.