dbus_shutdown runtime checks

10function 10function at ifrance.com
Fri Nov 24 00:54:20 PST 2006

Hello All,
There is something unclear to me in the dbus_shutdown behaviour :

This simple sample program works well :
#include <dbus/dbus.h>
int main()
{
 DBusError err;                       /* Error */
 DBusConnection* conn=NULL;
 conn = dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SESSION, &err);
 dbus_connection_unref(conn);
 dbus_shutdown();
 return(0);
}

But replacing the session bus(DBUS_BUS_SESSION) with system bus (DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM) leads to the following warning :
process 8123: dbus_shutdown() called but connections were still live. This probably means the application did not drop allits references to bus connections.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Abandon

I can't figure out why , Is there something i missed ?

On the other hand, i tried to build with the backtrace mechanism as proposed in the error message but my attemps failled. Could you explain how this could be done ? Could it be added to the configure options in a future release ?

Thanks for your lights ...

Today's piece of secure software is the subject of tomorrow's Bugtraq posting