dbus-daemon fork mode

10function 10function at ifrance.com
Tue Nov 28 08:29:24 PST 2006

Hi D-Bus enthusiasts !

I would like to have your view concerning the "fork" option for dbus-daemon (--fork --nofork on CLI ) or '<fork>' in XML config file.

Is it just for detaching the process from terminal (stdin,stdout,stderr) or is it for performance reasons (i mean a child is spawn when bus usage is growing to treat more messages for example ...)

On my side, benchs shows no differences with or without fork mode so i thing the first assert is the good one.

Thanks for your lights !

Today's piece of secure software is the subject of tomorrow's Bugtraq posting