Queries

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 07:03:05 PST 2006

Neha Tyagi wrote:
> 1. Is a new socket opened for each connection name. If yes, does that
> mean, that one of the transports(unix domain sockets or TCP/IP) is
> opened. If not, how does transport layer protocol work on the dbus in
> that case.

There's only one socket for each bus the app connects to, unless you use
open_private() to force a new socket. The connection names are just
aliases for the same connection. (each DBusConnection is one socket)

> 2. Can a client application reveal its own process id to the dbus, by
> exchanging credentials with the DBusCredentials struct.

By default, clients will authenticate using unix domain socket
credentials which will send the pid.

DBusCredentials is an internal API however. There's a public method on
DBusConnection to get the process id I believe.