BlueZ configuration file/security question

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Nov 30 11:50:42 PST 2006

Claudio Takahasi wrote:
>MY QUESTION IS:
>How we can AVOID send message directly to the ServiceAgent? (it is
>possible send a message directly to the ServiceAgent using the "unique
>connection name" and the right path)

I am assuming this is the system bus we're talking about. If so, just
implement the proper policy rules in your system.d configuration file.
Make it so that only org.bluez.HCID can send message to
org.bluez.ServiceAgent interfaces on the system bus. As long as the
ServiceAgent developers don't start adding other interfaces, you'll be
protected.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358