dbus logo (RE: Improving freedesktop.org)

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Fri Sep 1 00:55:00 PDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> We've had a D-Bus logo.  We haven't used it except for a presentation I
> gave at a Boston GNOME Summit but here it is.  We have SVG's of it also
> if needed.  We should most likely edit it to say D-Bus instead of D-BUS.

Your logo is far better than Waldo's (nice concept, but it doesn't come
off well), but I think the bus logo is far too corny. I could imagine
that sort of thing with something like the USB logo in the circle, for
example, but the bus joke is just that and I don't like to see it go
further to be part of the official branding.

I don't have a better suggestion yet, but I'll let you know if I do.

Matt