[patch] Fix refcounting and locking in dbus-connection

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 13:38:17 PDT 2006

Hi,

I don't think close_internal is right - it doesn't make sense to call
close() on a shared bus outside of its owner (libdbus), for either
internal or external callers. Also, the bus daemon ideally uses only
public API for the actual bus stuff, the internal API it uses is all the
"utility" stuff.

I think the bus daemon should probably be using connection_open_private
- well, for that matter does it open connections at all? I thought it
only received connections. So they should not be shared, right?

The other changes looked OK on first glance though I did not review in
detail, it would be good if someone else did.