Doing an RC release

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Sep 11 10:06:00 PDT 2006

Havoc Pennington wrote:
>John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>> The second is the  add a new return code from
>> dbus_connection_dispatch() to avoid deadlock issues.  We pretty much
>> punted this but left it on the TODO just in case someone wanted to
>> address it.  I personally don't think it is worth holding up 1.0.  A
>> future fix could be setting a flag that says a binding can handle
>> IN_PROGRESS.  If this flag is set dispatch will be able to deffer a
>> dispatch is one is already in progress (i.e. recursive dispatch).  In
>> other words this can be fixed post 1.0.
>
>I changed my proposal on this though; at the end of the thread I had
>decided just having recursive mutexes was right. See the second part of
>the todo item.

The only binding that seemed to require this feature was the Qt binding,
but we're happily working around the issue by exiting from libdbus code
before calling out to user code. This gives the binding greater control
because it can be more reasonably sure of what may or may not reenter.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358