Introduction to D-Bus

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 07:08:14 PDT 2006

Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:
> I still have that introductory documentation lying around:
>
>   http://thaiopensource.org/development/suriyan/wiki/DbusNotes
>
> (I'd say the part from "Introduction to D-Bus" to "Activation" was about
> ready for use)
>
> Haven't worked much on it recently, but assuming people have looked at it
> and found nothing more wrong with it, perhaps it's time to consider the
> current version for the project site?
>
> And if so, where and in what format should the master document be kept?
> Can we keep using the wiki page and periodically convert to whatever
> format is most suitable for freedesktop.org?  How do we number versions
> when we do that?

Two things make sense to me. 1) you could simply add this as a wiki page
on the dbus site and link to it from right next to the current tutorial
link 2) you could replace parts of the current tutorial with this, the
tutorial is in docbook xml and is maintained in cvs. It's really up to
you I think. Better to do 1) right away than plan to do 2) for the next
6 months though ;-)