userdb cache expiry

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 13:05:08 PDT 2006

Tim Dijkstra wrote:

> Why doesn't dbus just rely on the OS to do the caching? On linux, nscd
> exist for this purpose for example ...

It was just too slow, I forget why but there were a *lot* of lookups.
Maybe the real issue was just when running the test suite.

This is something that should be fixed, I agree. As a first pass you
could try hacking the cache so it never caches anything and see what
difference it makes in time to run "make check" - probably better to
develop a simple real-world benchmark, though.