dbus-daemon closing connection?

Krishna R sith.list at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:19:44 PDT 2007

Thiago, Thanks for the reply, coupla dumb q.

1. Process A sends a signal to an interface X which is routed thru dbus
daemon and process B recvs it in that interface X, if dbus-daemon closes
socket with B, it means that B has sent an invalid message to the daemon
correct? Or does it happen if A sends an invalid message to the interface X?
I am asking this because B does nothing more than recving the message and
setting the result as handled.

2. Since DBUS_VERBOSE etc seems to change the timing, i may have add prints
in the code where the daemon detects invalid signal and closes the
connection. Can you pls tell me where i should look for this part of the
code? searching for connection_close or disconnect or invalid message, hits
too many files. If you dont know from the top of your head, its ok, i will
figure it out.

Thanks!