python - using a signal not in introspection

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 16:55:47 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 19:49 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > Don't give a name to add_signal_receiver and just filter on signal_name
> > and dbus_interface.
>
> That's just busted of course... multiple apps could implement the same
> signal/interface.
>
> > I think newer versions of the bindings handle the reconnects for you
> > though.
>
> Why track this on the client side instead of just not creating the problem?
>
> It should work to track on the client side as far as I can think,
> though, so that is OK.

I'm not sure I understand what the glib bindings do?  How do you use the
name and not have a problem when it disconnects?  Are you saying we can
use the bus name and not the unique name?  There was an issue at some
point where we would not get signals if we used the bus name.  Perhaps
that was a bug that was fixed?