dbus-python and signals

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 15:35:49 PDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 at 21:12:03 +0200, Ludvig Ericson wrote:
> What it seems it that when an exception is raised in dbus-python
> signal handlers, these are not reaching "the surface"

This is a known bug in the interaction between dbus-python and the GLib
main loop. I'm not sure whether it's dbus-python's fault or pygobject's,
but exceptions thrown by event handlers are silently lost and there
seems no way to propagate them out of the event loop.

There is a workaround in the git version of dbus-python, which will be
in the next release (instead of losing exceptions silently, we write
them to sys.stderr before leaving the event handler).

	Simon