Sending complex parameters via signals

Steve Kreyer steve.kreyer at web.de
Sun Aug 12 10:24:49 PDT 2007

Hi!

I'm using the dbus-glib-binding. I want to send signals on the bus which
should have parameters with complex types, such as "ai" or "a(yyysssi)".
Is it possible to send such parameters over signals? I've tried it in
several ways, but none of them worked.
For example trying to register the signal on the object side with a
G_TYPE_BOXED parameter with the appropriate marshaller, I get the
following error during "signal register time":
-----
(process:15926): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:1270: parameter 2 of
type `GBoxed' for signal "AuxinPlayer::time_position__status" is not a
value type
-----
And registering the signal on the object side with a G_TYPE_OBJECT
parameter results in this error during "signal emit time":
-----
(process:15885): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_value_type_compatible:
assertion `G_TYPE_IS_VALUE (src_type)' failed

(process:15885): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2180: invalid object
type `
-----

If this is not the right list for this issue please let me know :-)

Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

TIA,
Steve