Tracking DBusWatches

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:03:45 PST 2007

> In case this isn't clear, it means:
>   - libdbus will call the "remove watch" function for all watches when
>     the connection is destroyed
> it does not mean
>   - you have to remove the watches yourself when the connection is
>     destroyed
>
> btw, patches to improve the API docs are always welcome ;-)

The low-level API docs seem good; I'm just missing the bird's eye view.  I'm
trying to figure out what exactly dbus needs the program to do.  When using
the set_watch_functions, do dbus method calls (from within the program) turn
into DBusWatch objects that need sending and recieving, or does
dbus_connection_send attempt to use the socket directly?  I assume from the
docs (" Adds a message to the outgoing message queue.") that it's the
former, but I'm just not entirely clear on everything yet.