odd issue when running dbus-launch [patch to fix]

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jan 1 15:10:43 PST 2007

Vulpes Velox wrote:
>As to the question of glibc, I am not seeing where this actually uses
>glibc.

getgrouplist is a glibc function.

>I am curious, what function is failing? I see getgrouplist is working
>entirely properly.

No, it isn't.

RETURN VALUE
   If *ngroups is smaller than the total number of groups found, then get‐
   grouplist() returns a value of ‘-1'.  In all cases the actual number of
   groups is stored in *ngroups.

Your getgrouplist isn't storing the actual number of groups in *ngroups.
Your tests proved that.

>I am not seeing any attempts in dbus-sysdeps-unix.c to properly set
>buf_count. It is set at 17 and never changed after that. The problem
>with this is it limits some one to only 16 groups.

Exactly. getgrouplist is supposed to set it.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358