Beta release of the Java implementation of dbus

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Jan 1 23:14:48 PST 2007

Something I just thought of regarding the float extension is that
there's no private namespace on the type codes; that is, if there were
ever another official type code, then it might collide with the float
one. The practical result would be that depending on the feature
negotiation while authenticating, you might have to interpret the same
type code in two different ways. This could matter if (like the C
library) you had type code values in the ABI and guaranteed that they
corresponded to the wire protocol.

In practice I doubt this will come up, since I don't think we have any
proposal (other than float) for new type codes.