odd issue when running dbus-launch [updates to configure.in and
thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 2 04:39:54 PST 2007
Vulpes Velox wrote:
>Uses getgroups to fetch the number of groups a user is in, when
>getgrouplist fails the first time.
>I've also patched configure.in so it will now only be used on systems
>that have the getgroups function.
Thank you. I think this will now do.
This seems to be a recurrent behaviour in the BSDs: the functions return
the actual number of items/bytes stored, instead of the full length that
would be expected. I found the same problem recently on
getsockname()/getpeername(), even though the BSDi man page was very
specific about the behaviour.
I fail to see how it would be useful to return the actual number stored...
Thiago Macieira - thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C 966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/attachments/20070102/8064f2f8/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the dbus