odd issue when running dbus-launch [updates to configure.in and dbus-sysdeps-unix.c]

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 2 04:39:54 PST 2007

Vulpes Velox wrote:
>Uses getgroups to fetch the number of groups a user is in, when
>getgrouplist fails the first time.
>
>I've also patched configure.in so it will now only be used on systems
>that have the getgroups function.

Thank you. I think this will now do.

This seems to be a recurrent behaviour in the BSDs: the functions return
the actual number of items/bytes stored, instead of the full length that
would be expected. I found the same problem recently on
getsockname()/getpeername(), even though the BSDi man page was very
specific about the behaviour.

I fail to see how it would be useful to return the actual number stored...

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358