Beta release of the Java implementation of dbus

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 2 04:47:15 PST 2007

Matthew Johnson wrote:
>  - libdbus-1 seems to insist that the first message it gets after
>    sending the Hello message is the method_return for that message. If
>    you send the NameAcquired signal first (this is how my daemon is
>    implemented) then it disconnects. Is this intentional? It will make
>    my life somewhat harder, and I don't particularly see a reason.

The Hello call is somewhat special, because you get a reply without asking
for it -- the client hasn't yet had the chance to add the rule
destination=':1.xxx'. In any case, it most certainly has not asked for
any signals yet. Then again, NameAcquired and NameLost are also special
signals, because they are directed at a specific application.

Which brings me to the question: how soon does the client have to add the
signal rules to receive the NameAcquired, NameLost and NameOwnerChanged
signals?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358