Using D-Bus with Twisted

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 05:36:19 PST 2007

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 at 20:36:28 +1100, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> On Thursday 04 January 2007 17:46, Gavrie Philipson [D-Bus] wrote:
> > Can't the current version of the D-Bus Python bindings be
> > considered stable already?

Main loop integration isn't sorted out yet - at the moment there's no
Python API for a main loop. When I get a chance to work on dbus-python
again my focus will be on getting 0.80 final released (with a stable API
for the bits of public API that *do* exist), then adding pure-Python main
loop support in a future release, hopefully 0.81.

0.80 and 0.7[01] (and indeed older versions) are compatible for most
uses, but not if you use private interfaces; some things can only be
done via private interfaces at the moment, and I'm trying to make that
no longer the case over the course of the next few releases. Main loops
are among these things. Where I do need to make incompatible changes, I'm
trying to make them all in 0.80 so future releases won't need to break
API again.

For the moment, please use the GLib main loop, which is (in practice)
still the only one supported in dbus-python.

Regards,
	Simon