python dbus Introspect() causes server to core

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:32:45 PST 2007

> dbus_bindings was compiled with debugging symbols; I'm currently
> re-compiling python with -g as well, so once that finishes I'll try to give
> a better stack trace.  Although, it looks like python does have its
> debugging symbols, since frame 1 knows it's in PyString_FromString.  Maybe
> address two is corrupted as well?  Anyhow, I'll give another backtrace once
> python is done recompiling.

I just recompiled python adding -g to my cflags, and I get the exact same
back trace.  "bt full" gives:

(gdb) bt full
#0  0xb7d2aa93 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0xb7e6f365 in PyString_FromString () from /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0
No symbol table info available.
#2  0xb7bcdb3e in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/dbus_bindings.so
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.

Everything involved is compiled with debugging symbols included, so I don't
know what's going on with the "No symbol table available" message.  I'm
trying to checkout the latest code right now, so I'll see how things work
there.