Python DBus without gobject main loop

Justin Mazzola Paluska jmp at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 16 12:32:11 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:28:51AM +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> operations; I can't make any guarantees about 0.71 (it's written in Pyrex,
> so it's probably Pyrex-implementation-dependent whether or when the GIL is
> released).

There are a bunch of GIL-release problems in 0.71.  I sent patches
solving some of them to the list, and can probably find them again if
someone wants them.

> Once I've done a final release of 0.80, one of the next things to add
> (perhaps for 0.81) is more versatile main-loop handling; I want to get
> all the API changes released first, though.

Actually, I would love to hack on a pure-python mainloop if that’s
possible.

For some of the code that we’re writing, we need get signals back from
Avahi and can’t rely on the glib mainloop.  Right now we have a hack
where we call the glib mainloop in a thread, but it leaves a lot to be
desired, and doesn’t work when our code happens to be imported with
code that does use the glib mainloop.

How can I help?
	—Justin