How to enable Tracebacks?

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Jan 17 17:33:17 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm using dbus-1.0.2, dbus-glib-0.72 and dbus-python-0.79.93 ( 0.80rc3), built
on Solaris 10.

I keep getting assertions on my app, and this message following:
> process 8267: arguments to dbus_pending_call_set_notify() were incorrect, assertion "pending != NULL" failed in file dbus-pending-call.c line 598.
> This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
>   D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace

So this leads to two questions:
1) How do I configure to enable tracebacks?  I've tried adding checks, asserts,
and verbose mode... no change.
2) Is this fixed with the recent patch that avoids setting up a main loop when I
don't have one?  This code is synchronous, and does not use signals.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net