How to enable Tracebacks?

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Jan 17 20:32:35 PST 2007

Simon McVittie wrote:
> You can get a core dump from this by exporting DBUS_FATAL_WARNINGS=1
> when you run your app, and enabling core dumps in the usual way
> (e.g. ulimit -c unlimited on Linux, I don't know whether this is necessary/the
> same on Solaris) - if you could do so and get a backtrace with a
> debugger, that would be very helpful.

I'll see what I can do about that...

> If you could run the test suite (make check) with fatal warnings and
> core dumps enabled, that would also be useful (I haven't tried it on
> Solaris, although hopefully it does work).

I always run the test suite.  The python bindings come through clean.  Can't say
as much about the dbus checks, but the only one different on Solaris to Linux
build is to do with a comparison to float... quite an odd one, tbh.

> I don't think I've fixed anything related to pending calls recently, but if
> you want to give it a try you can get the current bleeding edge version from:
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~smcv/dbus-python-0.79.93.20070117.tar.gz

I will give it a shot - thanks!

--
Curtis Maloney