dbus-python 0.80.0, the "Everything changes" release

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Wed Jan 24 19:06:46 PST 2007

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 15:57 +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
>>
>> dbus-python 0.80 is now available.
>>
>> Downloads
>> =========
>>
>> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-python/dbus-python-0.80.0.tar.gz
>> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-python/dbus-python-0.80.0.tar.gz.asc
>>
>> Updated documentation: http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-python/
>>
>> Although the API contains incompatible changes, most dbus-python
>> programs will continue to work (possibly with warnings). I've been in
>> touch with the authors of some of the dbus-python apps known to have
>> problems (Gajim, GnomeOSD).
>>
>> Changes between 0.80rc4 and 0.80.0 final
>>
>> * Install dbus-python.h in $includedir/dbus-1.0/dbus, the same place
>>   libdbus and dbus-glib put their headers
>>
>> * Improve logic for detecting whether to build documentation
>>
>> * Remove various desirable-but-unnecessary rst2html flags if not supported
>>
>> * Don't insist on such a new version of dbus (0.93, as in Ubuntu 6.10 and FC6,
>>   should be fine - our "make check" passes in Ubuntu 6.10)
>
> FC6 actually uses 1.0.1 with 1.0.2 backport patches :-)
>
> Nice work.  Will be putting this into Rawhide soon.

Good ol' Redhat... So ya have no clue what version of any product you're
on... *cough* gcc 2.96 *cough* Had a long day of dealing with Redhat
version / CVS pull crap... </troll>

Simon,

Awesome job on this package. It's in Gentoo unstable. (~arch for you
Gentoo-ites)

--
Doug Goldstein <cardoe at gentoo.org>
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/