Threading problems in WinDBus

P. Durante shackan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:49:09 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 7/6/07, Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote:
> If you can make a simple compilable test case that is C or uses stock
> dbus-c++ I can download, then I can poke at this without a large time
> investment.

I just added a multithreaded test to the echo example in dbus-c++

that said, I couldn't reproduce the crash using only two threads (one
for the mainloop, the other sending requests) as Olivier's program did

having more threads sending requests and receiving replies triggers a
_known_ race condition on a shared list in DBus::BusDispatcher, but I
can't see any relation between this and the stack traces posted
earlier