reverted commits

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jul 12 23:22:46 PDT 2007

Havoc Pennington schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>> Are you serious?
>> yes
>>

> The test case is:
>
> parse_double('0xff') == 255
>
> If you "fix" that by writing:
>
> if (nptr && strlen(nptr) == 4 && nptr[0] == '0' && nptr[1] == 'x' &&
>     nptr[2] == 'f' && nptr[3] == 'f')
>      {
>        if (endptr)
>          *endptr = nptr+4;
>        return 0.0;
>      }
>

> It's both a ridiculous patch you haven't thought about for longer than
> half a second, AND you did not even try 'make check' after coding it,
> AND I had already suggested two non-wrong ways to do it which you
> apparently didn't read.
>
> In other words, you are spending zero time yourself, and hoping
> everyone else will do the work for you.

Sorry, there must be a misunderstanding. You are concentrating on this
particular patch, which wasn't complete as I said already. After looking
into the code at your advice, I saw that this patch is obsolate and the
test could be removed completly.

> In this case I just did, I fixed it for you in CVS. Don't expect it to
> continue.
yes, your fix is much smarter than my proposal. Thanks

Ralf