default tcp host

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Jul 24 08:14:42 PDT 2007

Havoc Pennington schrieb:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 04:49:44PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks, looks good (I don't remember if you have commit access?)
>>>
>> Yeah I do IIRC. Just to be clear though - these patches will definitely
>> break the Windows compile due to dbus-sysdeps.h API changes.  What is
>> our policy on committing changes which may impact Windows build ?
>>

> Go ahead and commit, since the Windows port isn't released/stable yet.

On issue I know yet is that on windows the port number the daemon is
listen to is used to setup the autolaunch support using a mutex and
shared memory.

This is currently done in _dbus_listen_tcp_socket() by calling a
function dbus_daemon_init(). As counterpart a function
dbus_daemon_release() is there. There will probably be a better mean
more generic way to do this.

Ralf