public methods of DBusWatch in dbus-connection.h ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Jun 17 10:15:34 PDT 2007

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Hi
>
> in dbus-watch.h I found a comment that
>
> /* Public methods on DBusWatch are in dbus-connection.h */
>
> I would expect them in dbus-watch.h  The internal _dbus_watch
> functions should be in dbus-watch-internal.h  as other internal
> functions are too ?
>
> Why are public methods of DBusWatch in dbus-connection.h ?
>
> According to this name schema that public functions are in dbus-xxx.h
> and internal definitions are in dbus-xxx-internal.h there should be
> some more renaming
>
> I see for example that dbus-server-protected.h should be
> dbus-server-internal.h  because it contains internal functions
> /* dbus-server-protected.h Used by subclasses of DBusServer object
> (internal to D-Bus implementation)
>
> dito for dbus-transport-protected.h
>
> /* dbus-transport-protected.h Used by subclasses of DBusTransport
> object (internal to D-Bus implementation)
>
> Additional dbus-string.h should be dbus-string-internal.h as they are
> only internal used.

There are a few more internal headers, so I suggest to move it in
separate directory not to be bound to the -internal.h postfix.

dbus\dbus-auth-script.h:/* dbus-auth-script.h Test DBusAuth using a
special script file (internal to D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-hash.h:/* dbus-hash.h Generic hash table utility (internal to
D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-internals.h:/* dbus-internals.h  random utility stuff
(internal to D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-list.h:/* dbus-list.h Generic linked list utility (internal to
D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-server-protected.h:/* dbus-server-protected.h Used by
subclasses of DBusServer object (internal to D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-sockets-win.h:/* dbus-sockets.h Wrappers around socket
features (internal to D-BUS implementation)
dbus\dbus-string-private.h:/* dbus-string-private.h String utility class
(internal to D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-string.h:/* dbus-string.h String utility class (internal to
D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-sysdeps-unix.h:/* dbus-sysdeps-unix.h UNIX-specific wrappers
around system/libc features (internal to D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-sysdeps-win.h:/* dbus-sysdeps.c Wrappers around system/libc
features (internal to D-BUS implementation)
dbus\dbus-sysdeps.h:/* dbus-sysdeps.h Wrappers around system/libc
features (internal to D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-transport-protected.h:/* dbus-transport-protected.h Used by
subclasses of DBusTransport object (internal to D-Bus implementation)
dbus\dbus-transport.h:/* dbus-transport.h DBusTransport object (internal
to D-BUS implementation)

Then it would only be included by

#include "internal/dbus-string.h"