[announce] dbus-python 0.82.0 released

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Jun 19 17:24:25 PDT 2007

Simon McVittie wrote:
> D-Bus Python Bindings 0.82.0 (2007-06-19)

Just a small comment (aside from love your work :) :
	I just downloaded this package so we can start testing our app against it, but
it doesn't find Python.h ... this is on a stock Debian Etch install.

 > * ${PYTHON}-config is used to get the Python include path (patch from
 >   Sebastien Bacher/Ubuntu, fd.o #11282).

$ python2.4-config --includes
-I/usr/include/python2.4 -I/usr/include/python2.4

	I'm no autotools expert, but it looks to me like it tries to build the test
using $ac_cpp, which uses CPPFLAGS, not CFLAGS.

CFLAGS='-I/usr/include/python2.4/'
CPP='gcc -E'
CPPFLAGS=' '

	So it's not adding the include paths to the pre-processor flags.

	On another note, finding the online documentation isn't very easy.  I tend to
find myself having to go back through your release emails to find the link.
Perhaps this ought to be more clearly placed?

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net