win32 authentifaction problems after implementing new dbus authentification update

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 08:21:00 PDT 2007

Hi,

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> <snip>
> Testing auth:
>     anonymous-client-successful.auth-script
>     anonymous-server-successful.auth-script
>     cancel.auth-script
>     client-out-of-mechanisms.auth-script
>     external-failed.auth-script
>     external-root.auth-script
> line 7 expected command 'OK' and got 'REJECTED EXTERNAL DBUS_COOKIE_SHA1
> ANONYMOUS'
> Unit test failed: auth

This is a positive, it means before on Windows it was possible to
somehow log in as root and get special privileges. It's good that the
tests show that won't work anymore.

If there is some windows equivalent to the root user you can make the
ROOT_CREDENTIALS command add it in auth_script_run

If there isn't an equivalent, this test needs to be skipped on Windows;
I would suggest a patch to add a UNIX_ONLY auth script command. I can
look at this in a bit or if you have a patch send it to the list.