dbus-1.0.2 patches for hpux & others

Peter O'Gorman dbus at mlists.thewrittenword.com
Thu Jun 28 12:10:47 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 10:50:09AM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:

For some reason we did not get a copy of Havoc's original mail, below
is copied from web.

>  - strtoll.c in tools/ doesn't make sense, need to figure out
>    where it goes (also it's more dbus-normal to do this ourselves
>    with an #ifdef HAVE_STRTOLL code block and a wrapper function, than
>    with AC_REPLACE_FUNCS)
>  - I have to look up what LIBOBJS is

LIBOBJS will be "strtoll.o strtoull.o" on systems that need it, note
that on 1.0.2 only one executable needed these, so it made sense to
put them in tools.

>  - in the vsnprintf-error-handling code, whitespace isn't right

Yes, I noticed that after I sent, sorry.

>  - on Linux, isn't 0 a legitimate vsnprintf return if the format
>    string is ""? will need handling.

That's true. need to check strlen(format) != 0 too.

>  - the 1024*640 max alloc size looks fishy - if we need this,
>    something is wrong

Yes, it was meant as a (harmless?) joke, remove.

>  - would prefer a solution to the AIX poll.h problem other than
>    putting a system header in sysdeps.h, or at least would prefer
>    to only put that header there on AIX

Add defined(_AIX) to the #if

>  - to fix "inline" should "#define inline" on platforms that
>    don't have it rather than removing from all platforms

That would be better.

>  - dbus-shell.c relocation of string.h I don't understand

I don;t actually remember, I think I wanted to have the config.h
included before string.h for some reason, or no reason at all. Since I
can't recall, feel free to drop this bit.

Thank you,
Peter